Let's talk fitness goals. We've all been there at some point in our lives (some every year). We start the new year with big goals and great intentions, then weeks 4-6 come around. These are typically the weeks when we start letting our excuses "win". Now of course there are legitimate excuses. We live in the real world with real life issues - sick kids, sick spouse, aging parents, work demands, etc. Let's be honest here, how many of us find other little excuses that we allow to build and build and build until we just "throw in the towel". Then what? We're left feeling guilty and worthless. "Why even try? I'm just going to fail." We beat ourselves up and tell ourselves we will never be perfect. Of course we won't, perfection is unattainable. But we can shoot for "a little better"! It's about progress not perfection. So pick up that towel and shake it off, you're going to need it to wipe off your sweat!
I have some tips to help you in setting and sticking to your New Year's Fitness Goals.
1. Set A Specific Goal. Don't just say "I want to lose weight", losing weight is a great goal, but do you want to lose one pound, 10, 15, etc? You need to be specific. "I will lose ten pounds." Aim for "a little better" not "perfection".
2. Set Small Action Steps. What is one thing you can do now to help prepare for success? What can you do each day?
3. Celebrate Accomplishments You've Made This Past Year. Take time to review all the things you've improved on over this past year. Did you increase your number of pushups? Did you decrease sugar consumption? Give yourself a great big "high five" for any and all progress, no matter how small!
4. Plan For "Real Life". There will surely be challenges arise along the way. Think about those now. Consider adjustments you can make to help you get around any potential roadblocks.
5. Check-in With Yourself Every Morning. Read your goals out loud. Encourage yourself with affirmations.
6. Pre-Prepare Meals. A lot of times we come home tired and tend to just eat whatever is handy. By prepping your meals over the weekend you will eliminate a lot of stress and poor meal decisions. Chop vegetables, pre-cook meat, prepare casseroles that can be frozen and reheated.
7. Team Up With A Friend. Having someone to hold us accountable always helps to stay on track. Working out is more fun when we have a friend sweating through it with us.
8. Show Up The Next Day. Show up and do what you are able to each day. Take it slow and steady. It's not a race. It's you're life, you're real, better life!
We would love to help you start the new year with a plan for success. We will be starting our New Year, Better You 28-Day Challenge on January 11th. With this challenge you will receive: A goal setting worksheet, a success manual, nutritionist approved meal plans, weekly grocery lists, recipes, unlimited workouts at Fusion Fitness, daily emails, facebook group, and lots of encouragement. There will be chances to win prizes throughout the challenge and a cash prize for the overall winner! Cost for nonmembers is $69 if you register by January 4th and $79 if you register after January 4th. Cost for members is $19 if you register by January 4th and $29 if you register after.January 4th.
Have a FUN, FIT Day!